This page will be regularly updated to reflect the rapidly changing Covid situation
UPDATE 4th January 2022: – Due to COVID it has been necessary to postpone Flare Path. We hope to be able to reschedule this later in the year. Instead, we will be showing Bette and Joan in the Main Auditorium (instead of the bar as originally intended) on the same dates that Flare Path would have been performed. We are writing to all ticket holders to advise of options. Bette and Joan will have a fully socially distanced seating arrangement for all performances
While Government and industry guidelines permit, BLT will continue to be open. However, in order to keep our audience, volunteers, casts and crew safe, please note the following.
For the latest information on a show, see the individual production page. In the event of a performance being cancelled, you will, of course be entitled to a full refund.
- Use the NHS Covid 19 app on arrival if you can;
- Wear a face covering, unless exempt, throughout your visit, except when drinking or eating, in line with latest UK Government rules;
- Follow the designated one way systems around the theatre;
- Maintain as much distance from others as you reasonably can;
- Use hand sanitiser frequently;
- We are continuously reviewing our procedures to enable as many people as possible to enjoy our shows safely. It may be necessary to allocate you to a seat other than the one shown on your ticket.
FEELING UNWELL or TESTED POSITIVE
If you, or anyone in your party is feeling unwell on the day of the performance or has tested positive for Covid-19 – DO NOT COME TO THE THEATRE. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early in the day as you can. We will happily exchange your ticket to another performance, availability permitting.
The theatre will open 45 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Please arrive in good time so that everyone can get drinks and carry out other important functions prior to the start of the show. Latecomers may be refused entry.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Before coming to the theatre, we would ask you to take a Lateral Flow Test and stay at home if the result is positive or you have Covid symptoms. Let us know before the show and we will refund your ticket price or arrange an alternative date;
- Ensure you have your e-ticket (printed or on your phone) or your booking ID and seat numbers to hand;
- Remember to bring your face covering and your contactless payment card.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Your temperature will be taken using a remote thermometer when entering the building;
- A member of the Front of House team will ask you to display your e-ticket, and you’ll also be asked to check in using the NHS Track and Trace app. Each member of your party should check in;
- You’ll be reminded to wear your face covering (or confirm that you are exempt), and to sanitise your hands at one of our sanitising stations;
- You should proceed to your seats in the auditorium as soon as you have completed any purchase of drinks;
- Once seated, we’ll ask that you switch your phone to aeroplane mode (photography and filming inside the auditorium are prohibited). Unless drinking, you should wear your face covering for the entirety of the performance (and indeed, visit) unless you’re medically exempt.
Hand sanitising stations will be positioned at the entrance and throughout the building.
If you need the loo, please follow the one-way system – and please wait in the bar area if requested to do so by the Front of House team.
Please follow the floor arrows as far as possible.
- The main bar will be open throughout the evening for ordering and collection of drinks. Please observe one-way systems and socially distanced queuing. To avoid congestion and delay, please limit the number of people going to the bar;
- Food or drink should not be consumed until you’ve taken your seat in the auditorium;
- We hope to open the tea and coffee bar during the interval;
- Please return all cups and glasses to the designated area in the bar area;
- Please note – CARD PAYMENTS ONLY at the bar – cash will be accepted for tea and coffee but please tender the exact amount so that neither you nor our volunteers have to handle change;
- Please only remove your mask as briefly as possible when eating or drinking.
Please ensure you maintain at least 1m (and, where possible, 2m) distance from others at all times.