- BLT recognises that from time to time its members and/or volunteers may wish to raise problems or concerns and possibly seek redress for a grievance.
- BLT’s aim is to ensure that any such issues can be properly aired and, as far as possible, resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- All matters (including any records produced and any follow up action) will be handled with the utmost discretion and will, as far as practicable, be kept confidential to those involved.
- Where it is necessary to speak to any others in connection with a problem or concern raised, the importance of confidentiality will be emphasised to them.
- It may be necessary in some circumstances to explain or report the contents of the complaint or grievance to others, whether within or outside BLT, for example where this is the only way that follow up action can be taken. In serious cases it may be necessary to report the matter to the police.
BLT’s grievance procedure
- Where you wish to raise a concern or complaint please do so informally with any member of the BLT Board in the first instance. Informal discussions are usually sufficient to resolve an issue.
- The Board member will attempt to resolve the matter informally by way of such discussions with you, and with any others involved in the matter, as he/she considers to be necessary and will report the outcome of such discussions to the Board.
- If the matter is not resolved informally, or where you consider the the issue to be serious and not appropriate for informal discussion, you should submit your complaint or concern in writing to the Chair of the BLT Board of Trustees. The current Chair is Hilary Cordery who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The issue will be considered by the Board (or an appointed panel, as the Board shall decide), at the next available Board meeting. The Board may carry out such investigation(s) as it considers appropriate before reaching a decision, which may include meeting with you and with any others involved.
- The decision of the Board will be communicated in writing to you as soon as reasonably practicable after the meeting and any further investigations. The Board’s decision will be final.
- Every effort will be made by the Board to resolve any problems or concerns as soon as reasonably practicable. What is reasonable will depend on the circumstances and will generally be influenced by factors such as the nature and complexity of the issues raised, the nature and complexity of any investigations, and the availability of those individuals whose input is necessary to resolve the grievance.
Bromley Little Theatre