- We understand that from time to time our members and/or volunteers may wish to raise problems or concerns and possibly seek redress for a grievance.
- We want to ensure that these issues are properly aired and, as far as possible, resolved as quickly as possible to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- All matters (including any records produced and any follow up action) will be handled with the utmost discretion and will, as far as practicable, be kept confidential to those involved.
- Where it is necessary to speak to any others in connection with a problem or concern raised, the importance of confidentiality will be emphasised to them.
- It may be necessary in some circumstances to explain or report the contents of the complaint or grievance to others, whether within or outside BLT, for example where this is the only way that follow up action can be taken. In serious cases it may be necessary to report the matter to the police.
- If you wish to raise a concern or complaint, please firstly do so informally with any member of the BLT Board. This is usually sufficient to resolve an issue.
- The Board member will attempt to resolve the matter by discussing it with you and with any others involved in the matter, as he/she considers to be necessary and will report the outcome of such discussions to the Board.
- If the matter is not resolved informally, or where you consider the issue to be serious and not appropriate for informal discussion, you should send your complaint or concern in writing to the Chair of the BLT Board, Bruce Wallace.
- The issue will be considered by the Board (or an appointed panel, if the Board decides), at the next available Board meeting, or earlier if required. The Board may carry out such investigation(s) as it considers appropriate before reaching a decision, which may include meeting with you and with any others involved.
- The Board’s decision will be communicated in writing to you as soon as reasonably practicable after the meeting and any further investigations and will be final.
- Every effort will be made by the Board to resolve any problems or concerns as soon as they can. This will depend on the circumstances and the nature and complexity of the issues raised, the investigations, and the availability of people whose input is necessary to resolve the grievance.
Bromley Little Theatre
Date of Policy:- April 2019
Reviewed:- 26 September 2023